Summer vacations are round the corner. And for kids, what better than to spend the time in an interesting yet productive manner?
So, it is children’s book you are dreaming to venture in!
A great idea; considering the fact that children’s books are the most popular and lucrative too. More so, the smiles on their faces brought about by reading books, are a source of unparalleled joy.
But writing children’s book isn’t easy, considering the fact that young children are quite sensitive.
“Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate.”
Great children’s book can tell stories through artworks, illustrations and offers you authors, with the opportunity to expand young minds through interesting poetic language, alliteration, wide range of vocabulary, etc.
Hence it is our responsibility to make books which are entertaining as well as educative for the growing minds It also will make you instant hit with kids and subsequently the cash will flow in. The yield curb will signal->ascend. Money is important too.
Some elements can be incorporated, for these books to be picked up instantly by a kid.
Certain ingredients for the recipe of a good children’s book are:
- Children’s book illustrations are a major feature. Illustrations on a book cover renders the book compelling enough for a child to pick it off the racks to glance through. Illustrations engages a child’s curiosity to find out what happens next. Employ expert book illustration companies such as White Magic Studios to help you out.
- Believable conversation is a feature, which some of you may fail to comprehend while writing a children’s book. We tend to use vocabulary and emotional responses which are more suitable to adults & hence, these have to be avoided. On the other hand, trying to force-insert dialogues which are too “child-like” are a put off too.
- Create a lasting identity on your readers’ mind. If you can create some unique and memorable characters; add some catchy phrases, with a distinctive clothing and some other memorable situations, then you are looking at a series.
- Don’t miss the power of action and suspense; to make it a very gripping story for kids to read again and again. You have to access your target audience and frame stories, depending on their age group.
- A children’s book should have a plot & ending too. A good way is to create a problem (not too distressing) early in the story which is resolved in the end; after a few simple twists and turns, is a great idea. Employ efficient book cover design services for attractive book cover layouts.
- Small children’s book should have a simple idea and theme. It must not have complicated plots and must have real life situations. Even fairies or fantasies should be relatable by kids.
- Moral lessons can be subtly conveyed to the kids through their books. Making it too obvious, dissuades them from reading. These stuff seem boring. You must pay heed to convey a good message to be imprinted into these young minds but in an interesting fashion.
- Big texts are a must to a children’s book. This makes a kid want to read. You should certainly opt for book formatting services from publishers such as White Magic Studios; who are a one stop solution for all publishing-related help for self-publishers.
If you can ingrain all these features into a book, then you’re a winner. A great idea would be for you to concentrate only on “writing the story” part. And depend on professionals & children book illustrators; for book layout services. This will create an instant appeal to your young audience.